Tuesday 30 September 2014

Book Review: Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess



Title: Such a Pretty Girl
Author: Laura Wiess
Pages: 212
Genre: 
Published: 2007 by Pocket Books
Source:  Library Book
Synopsis: 

The story of one young girl's fight for survival against the father who was supposed to protect her - and the system that failed her.

Review: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS, READ AT OWN RISK!

Okay for starters, he only got 9 years jail time? 
Um WHAT. And than getting parole after 3, that doesn't seem right. Firstly there are so many things wrong with this. 
Why does the father get to live SO close to Meredith. 
The mother is just nuts, and how did the courts let her keep her daughter after these events when she was 12? 
Why didn't the grandmother fight for custody? She knew her daughter was a bit loopy in concerns to the father and his so called one time "mistakes" that we all make. 
Why did no one fight for Meredith? 
The book also seemed to occur really fast, I believe that the whole story takes place in 5 days give or take a few.
He couldn't be that desperate to rape his daughter again, because how would he have gotten out if that was all he wanted? 
This was a tough story to read and absorb due to its content, but I feel I would have understood this story more, if there was more to it. 
WHY THE HELL DID NIGEL AND THE POLICE SEE IT AS OKAY FOR A 15 YEAR OLD TO USE HERSELF AS BAIT FOR HER FATHER TO RAPE?
One other thing that bugged me really though, where did she get these cigarettes from? And why did Nigel let her smoke them in front of him? (that just seemed really odd to me).

I'm sorry if this review made no sense. I'm just really confused about what I feel right now. I wished I could have liked it more, but so many things to me seemed odd, that I couldn't ignore. But oh well.

Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment