Tuesday 30 September 2014

Book Review: Love Story by Jennifer Echols



Title: Love Story
Author: Jennifer Echols
Pages: 243
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
Published: July 19th 2011 by MTV Books
Source:  Library Book
Synopsis: 

She's writing about him. He's writing about her. And everybody is reading between the lines.. 

For Erin Blackwell, majoring in creative writing at the New York City college of her dreams is more than a chance to fulfill her ambitions--it's her ticket away from the tragic memories that shadow her family's racehorse farm in Kentucky. But when she refuses to major in business and take over the farm herself someday, her grandmother gives Erin's college tuition and promised inheritance to their maddeningly handsome stable boy, Hunter Allen. Now Erin has to win an internship and work late nights at a coffee shop to make her own dreams a reality. She should despise Hunter . . . so why does he sneak into her thoughts as the hero of her latest writing assignment?

Then, on the day she's sharing that assignment with her class, Hunter walks in. He's joining her class. And after he reads about himself in her story, her private fantasies about him must be painfully clear. She only hopes to persuade him not to reveal her secret to everyone else. But Hunter devises his own creative revenge, writing sexy stories that drive the whole class wild with curiosity and fill Erin's heart with longing. Now she's not just imagining what might have been. She's writing a whole new ending for her romance with Hunter. . . . except this story could come true.


Review:

Third try with a Jennifer Echol's novel. 
I loved going too far, didn't enjoy forget you.

Love Story. I really liked the start, and the concept. But when I finished the book, I felt angry, and the book felt as if it hadn't finished. It ended with so many loose ends and that annoyed me so much.

Anyway now for the good and bad!!

Bad 
Hunter. Hunter is the worst boy i've read about in Echol's books. WHY COULDN'T HE APOLOGIZE. WHY DID HE DO THAT TO HER. And the whole sex scene was eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh to me. It just felt off to me. 

The creative writing class. I loved that class, but how did NO ONE WORK OUT THAT ERIN AND HUNTER WERE WRITING ABOUT EACH OTHER THE WHOLE SEMESTER. 

Erin. And how she clearly loved Hunter since they were little, and she just didn't do anything about it. That made me sad angry (because all those years of cute relationship were wasted). 

Erin's backstory with her mum, and how no one ever discussed it with her. And she was in her cupboard. And I just felt bad... 

Good 
Hunter. I know he was apart of the bad area too. But I still liked him. I just disliked him more. I liked Hunter at the hospital. I liked how he is a pre-med student. I liked how much he likes Erin. 

The creative writing class. I would have loved to be in the class. And the teacher. I loved Gabe, there was something about him and his laid-backness. 

The Story I liked it. I liked it. I liked how they both ended up at the same college. How they both love horses, but one of them is trying to escape that life, and the other thinks they want to escape it. 
I love how they are clearly meant to be together. (I just don't like how it happened).

The ending had WAY TOO MANY LOOSE ENDS. What happened with everything. Hunter just packs her bags. Like they aren't even "together" anymore, and the whole grandma thing. WHAT HAPPENED???? 

I really want another book for this, or an extended version, because to me it kind of feels like Echol's gave up on it at the end. Which is sad because I enjoyed it. And that is why even though the ending totally sucked, I just loved it enough to give this book three stars. 


Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment