Tuesday 30 September 2014

Book Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry



Title: Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1)
Author: Katie McGarry
Pages: 376
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Realistic Fiction
Published: July 25th 2012 by Harlequin Teen Australia
Source:  Library Book 
Synopsis: 

SO WRONG FOR EACH OTHER...AND YET SO RIGHT.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with “freaky” scars on her arms. Even Echo can’t remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins--the smoking hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket--explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo’s world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she’ll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

Review:

I'm really confused with how I feel about this book. It made me want to throw it out a window numerous times, but other times it made me feel really sad.
But I couldn't get over the sappiness, and how corny freaking young adult relationships are.
I probably should have read this book first but I did not realise there was a series to follow, so I read this book after I read Dare You To. Which I enjoyed more.
This was a nice story of how Noah and Echo overcame their pasts, and how to look forward to the future/ present. 
I really enjoyed Echo and Noah as characters, though all the times Noah called Echo baby, siren and Nymph like Noah just stop she has a name. And how she smelt like a bakery, haha, no need to tell me each time you get a whiff of her. 
I also like how they each evolved and accepted things/events. 
But i'm just unsure of how I feel overall about this whole novel, I feel it could have been shorter with some scenes cut out.
I will say this though, I really loved Mrs Collins. I don't know why, but I just did. 

I think the good and bad about this novel evened out, resulting in me only giving this book three stars. 
Either way I can't wait to read the third (and hopefully the last, because who could a fourth book be about?) book in the series. 

Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment