Friday 10 April 2015

Book Review: Biggest Flirts by Jennifer Echols


Title: Biggest Flirts (The Superlatives #1)
Author: Jennifer Echols 
Pages: 336
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Published: 20th May 2014 by Simon Pulse
Source: Library Book
Synopsis: 

Tia and Will’s lives get flipped upside down when they’re voted Yearbook’s Biggest Flirts in this sassy novel from the author of Endless Summer and The One That I Want.

Tia just wants to have fun. She’s worked hard to earn her reputation as the life of the party, and she’s ready for a carefree senior year of hanging out with friends and hooking up with cute boys. And her first order of business? New guy Will. She can’t get enough of his Midwestern accent and laidback swagger. 

As the sparks start to fly, Will wants to get serious. Tia’s seen how caring too much has left her sisters heartbroken, and she isn’t interested in commitment. But pushing Will away drives him into the arms of another girl. Tia tells herself it’s no big deal…until the yearbook elections are announced. Getting voted Biggest Flirts with Will is, well, awkward. They may just be friends, but their chemistry is beginning to jeopardize Will’s new relationship—and causing Tia to reconsider her true feelings. What started as a lighthearted fling is about to get very complicated…

Review:)

Firstly there is a song that goes perfectly with this book and that is Cruel by The Veronicas. 

I picked this book up for only one reason and that reason is that its written by Jennifer Echols. Now me and Jennifer's books tend to either have a love or a hate relationship, which is why this book is odd to me, because I didn't either love or hate this. 

There are definitely times where I really wanted to throw this book across my bedroom, or I felt such copious amounts of second hand embarrassment (like you have no idea) that is was actually insane. But really what was I meant to expect from a book titled Biggest Flirts

The book starts off at a party and this is where we meet Tia, Tia is a girl who doesn't want relationships, only hook ups and this is due to the failures of relationships her three older sisters have had. She doesn't believe in love, she doesn't want it. In comes Will. Will was an odd ball of a character to me, he didn't sit well, it kind of got to the point where i really wanted to tape his mouth shut. 

When these two meet, its like BAM they want each other, so they get talking, and Tia is like "he is a pirate", I did not understand this, she only thought this cause of his earring... I don't know why Will is instantly attracted to Tia (not that there aren't reasons, i just did't get it).

Basically what happens is they get voted BIGGEST FLIRTS. 

I really want to be able to say what they did in this book was morally okay, but I don't think I could feel okay if i did. So much in this book infuriates me. LIKE IF YOUR GIRLFRIEND CHEATS ON YOU WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND THAT IS NOT A FREE PASS TO CHEAT AS WELL.
Like i am actually confused like did Will and his girlfriend actually ever break up? I feel they didn't. Because throughout the WHOLE book, he refers to her as his girlfriend. LIKE JUST BREAK UP ALREADY. 

Five things I liked:

  • I liked how Tia's dad is always trying to support his family, even if it meant giving up his dream of renovating places
  • I quite liked Tia's bestfriends. They were kind of like "stop messing around already" 
  • I liked that band teacher (who i've forgotten the name of), she was taking no shit from Tia and Will
  • Overall I liked the story, even though it did annoy me
  • That this is a trilogy, here I was thinking it was a stand alone. SO YAY
Five things I didn't like:
  • THE COVER. i, just nope. It doesn't work, after reading the book, looking at it makes me feel uncomfortable 
  • Will and how he played with girls. Or just really dealt with situations involving the opposite gender.
  • How this relationship grew between Tia and Will. It seemed really good, but then there is like another girl added to the mix, and I decided no thanks
  • That Will got voted biggest flirt on his first day of school, like get lost. No one would really know who he is, let alone his full name
  • That no one got ridiculously sun burnt when they stripped down at band practice. Like come on you're out in the sun for HOURS on end, and no one got burnt? 
Overall this was an okay book, I am always sucked into Echol's books, and I always enjoy them even when I can't stand the characters. I am so looking forward to the next two books!!!!






Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment